Course of Action 1 | Hamaraguru
Directions (1-5): In each question below is given a statement followed by two courses of action numbered I and II. A course of action is a practicable and feasible step or administrative decision to be taken for follow- up, improvement, or further action in regard to the problem, policy etc. On the basis of the information given in the statement, you have to assume everything in the statement to be true, and decide which of the suggested courses of action logically follow(s) for pursuing.
Give answer (a) if only I follows.
Give answer (b) if only II follows.
Give answer (c) if either I or II follows. Give answer (d) if neither I nor II follows. Give answer (e) if both I and II follow.
1. Statement: The sales of ball-point pens manufactured by company Lexus have gone down considerably ever since the same company introduced a gel-ink pen in the market.
Courses of action
I. Ballpoint pens should not be manufactured by Lexus any more.
II. Lexus should immediately withdraw all gel-ink pens from the market to force people to buy ball-point pens.
2. Nearly 26 percent of all engineering graduates have been left unemployed owing to severe recession worldwide. Courses of action
I. All unemployed students should be advised to take up jobs in foreign countries.
II. The unemployed students should be advised to take up jobs only after the recession is over.
3. Statement: The government airlines has been making huge losses even as private airliners continue to prosper and make a substantial profit.
Courses of action
I. All private airlines should be banned from their operation in the country.
II. The government airline should be instructed to increase passenger fare significantly to increase its profit.
4. Statement: Many private schools have been violating government directives and have been charging more fees than the specified limits.
Courses of action
I. The government should identify such school and take action against them.
II. The government should not limit school fees and keep it flexible for the school to decide.
5. Statement: a large no of patients admitted in a particular hospital has been diagnosed with a serious contagious disease.
Course of action
I. These patients should be immediately evicted from the hospital for fear of the spread of the disease.
II. the hospital should make appropriate quarantine arrangements to control the spread of disease.
A research institute is recruiting a librarian to digitize its information resources among other duties candidate must possess the following criteria the candidate must
1. be not less than 35 years and not exceed 40 years as on 01.11.2009.
2. have a bachelor degree in library and information science with 65 percent marks.
3. have a Ph.D. in library science.
4. have post qualification experience of at least four years in a university library. However, if the candidate fulfills the above-mentioned criteria except- 1 all (2) above but the candidate has a UGC NET certification with all the other above criteria fulfilled he she may be referred to the Dean.
At (4) above but all the eligibility criteria are met and the candidate has at least one years’ experience in the institute he/she may be offered a contractual appointment for a year.
Based on the above criteria study carefully whether the following candidate is eligible for the recruitment process and make your answer as follows. You are not to assume anything other than the information provided in each question. All cases are given to you as on 1.11.2009.
(1) if he /she is to be shortlisted
(2) If he/she is not to be shortlisted.
(3) If he /she is to be referred to the Dean.
(4) If he/she may be offered contractual appointment if required.
(5) If the data provided is inadequate to take a decision.
6. Anil Rath has a doctorate in Library Science from Karnataka University in 2003. Born on july 21, 1969, he graduated in Library and Information Science from Karnataka University where he was Assistant Librarian for four years since 2005.
7. Dr. Samir Bali has a Ph.D. in Library Science and has been with the Institute of Fundamental Research as Assistant Librarian since October 2008. He graduated with a degree in Library and Information Science in 1994 at the age of 22. He obtained 70 percent in his graduation.
8. Vaishali Shetty has been a Librarian at STS University since 2007 when she qualified in the UGC NET examination. She has a degree in Library and Information Science with 60 percent. Her first job was a junior Librarian at TRP Institute of Development and Research from October 2000 to December 2001.
9. Vivek Jha has a Ph.D. in Library and Information Science. He graduated in Library and Information Science in 1992 with 65 percent. He was born on 01.10.1974. Since july 2005, he has been working as Deputy Librarian at a deemed University.
10. A graduate in Library Science with 69 percent, Dr. M. Puri has been working at Ranchi University for 4 years as Deputy Librarian. She earned her Doctorate while working for the Labour Research Institute for 5 years as Assistant Librarian. She is 38 years old as on the required date.
11. Megha Vaidya has a graduate degree in Library Science from Punjab University where she has been a librarian for the past 5 years. In 2002 she obtained her UGC NET qualification at the age of 29. She obtained 72 percent in graduation.
12. Anup Gupta is obtaining hia Ph.D. from YCM University where he has been Junior Librarian since 2004. He qualified in the UGC NET exam in june 2000. He has a degree in Library and Information Science with 62 percent. His date of birth is 17.10.1973.
13. Kirti Shukla obtained her doctorate and Bachelor’s degree from Patna University. She obtained 63 percent at graduation. She obtained her UGC NET qualification in 1998 when she was 26.
14. Prakash Sinha has been a librarian for a government institution for three years. Prior to this he was a University Librarian for 7 years after completing his Ph.D. in Library Science. He graduated in 1991 with 68 percent in Library Science. He is exactly 40 years of age on the specified date.
15. Rohan Sachdev obtained his UGC Net qualification after his graduation in 1998 when he began working. He has been Assistant Librarian for thepast two years with a research institute. He obtained 65 percent in his graduation in Library Science. He earned his Ph.D. in Library Science in 2007. His date of birth is 22.10.1974.