Idioms & Phrases 11 | Hamaraguru
101. Draw the longbow (to tell long stories or to exaggerate) - come to the point. Don’t draw a longbow.
102. Drawn battle/match (A battle or match in which no party wins) – the drawn battle created a lot of excitement till the last ball.
103. A drop in the ocean (a very insignificant amount) - my knowledge about archaeology is only a drop in the ocean.
104. Ducks and drakes (to waste money) – I cannot allow you to play Ducks and drakes with my hard earned money.
105. Dutch courage (bravery under the alcoholic influence) – his Dutch courage will vanish when he gains his sense.
106. Easy money (bribe) - many officers make easy money.
107. Eat one’s word (to admit that something you said in the past was wrong) – those who said that Amitabh Bachchan’s charm was over had to eat their word after the success of Kaun Banega karodpati.
108. Egg on (to urge somebody to do something that is generally wrong) - she and me on to drive faster.
109. Eke out (to support with difficulty and effort or to add) - he is trying to eke out an income by doing overtime.
110. Elixir of life (nectar of life) – contentment is the elixir of life.