Idioms & Phrases 20 | Hamaraguru
191. Keep an eye on (to watch) - It is essential for us to keep an eye on our growing children.
192. Keep an open table (to entertain all) - It is not very difficult to keep an open table in a party.
193. Keep at an arm’s length (to keep at a distance) - You must keep bad habits at arm’s length.
194. Keep at bay (To keep someone at a distance) - He held the police at bay with a gun for several hours.
195. Keep body and soul together (to be able to pay for just those things that you need to live) - They can barely keep body and soul together on what he earns.
196. Keep the pot boiling (to keep going on actively) - One has to keep the pot boiling in spite of all odds one has to face in life.
197. Keep up appearance (to keep one’s prestige/to maintain outward show) - In spite of being bankrupt, he can keep up his appearance.
198. Kick one’s heels (wait impatiently to be summoned) - The whole day we kicked our heels outside the courtroom.
199. Kick the bucket (to die) - He kicked the bucket and left his family in extreme financial difficulty.
200. Kill the fat calf for (to arrange a lavish reception for someone) - India killed the fat calf for the Common Wealth Games.