Idioms & Phrases 23 | Hamaraguru
221. Make one’s mark (to achieve distinction) - India has made its mark in the field of technology.
222. Make out (to understand) - I could not make out what he was saying.
223. Make up the leeway (struggle out of a bad position, especially by recovering lost time) - The Government will have to make up the leeway by taking remedial actions immediately.
224. Make up one’s mind (To determine) - She has made up her mind to divorce her cruel husband.
225. Make a clean breast (to confess especially something illegal or bad) - After months of lying about the money, he decided to make a clean breast of it and tell the truth.
226. Man in the street (common man) - The life of a man in the street has become very difficult because of rising price.
227. Man of iron (man with strong will-power) - Nothing can deter a man of iron.
228. Meet half-way (to be prepared for compromise) - We were ready to meet the other party half way and settle all litigation.
229. Milk of human kindness (human compassion) - Milk of human kindness is necessary for the existence of humanity.
230. Narrow circumstances (hard days/ poverty) - After his father’s death, he is living in narrow circumstances.