Idioms & Phrases 24 | Hamaraguru
231. Neither chick nor child (no child) - She feels very lonely because she has neither chick nor child.
232. No love lost (having no love) - There is no love lost between these two neighbors who are fighting an endless court case.
233. Nook and corner (at every place) - I searched for my book at every nook and corner of the house.
234. Oil someone’s hands (to bribe) - We should stop oiling the officials’ hands.
235. Beauty is only the skin deep (physical beauty is not important) - She took a wrong decision by not marrying this gentleman. She doesn't know that beauty is only the skin deep.
236. On and on (to continue) - She went on and on, but nobody listened to her.
237. On the horns of a dilemma (to face a difficult situation between two problems) - The demolition drive has put many shops on the horns of a dilemma because if they do not shut down, their shops will be sealed and if they do, they lose their means of livelihood.
238. On the wrong side of (one’s age is more than) - He is on the wrong side of fifty now.
239. Open secret (known to all) - He is bankrupt, and this is an open secret now.
240. Order of the day (some common things of the time) - Following new fashion is the order of the day.