Idioms & Phrases 8 | Hamaraguru
71. Cock a snook (to show impudent contempt) – He refused to accept the award, cocking a snook at the Filmfare Award jury.
72. Cocksure (very sure and certain) – I am a cocksure, we will win the match.
73. Cold reception (not a hearty welcome) – We were very unhappy when we were given cold reception at his marriage party.
74. Come across (meet by chance) – I came across a problem when I was solving the question.
75. Come home to (to understand) – At last, it came home and we got the correct answer.
76. Come in handy (to be useful) – This opener comes in handy when we need to open this container.
77. Come to a pass (A difficult situation) – The accident came to pass due to the negligence of the driver.
78. Come true (to prove true) – My dreams have come true as I have got selected.
79. Cool one’s heels (to be kept waiting) – We sat down and cooled our heels for the minister who didn’t turn up.
80. Corporal punishment (bodily punishment) – Corporal punishment is banned in schools.