Linear Arrangement 7 | Hamaraguru
12 persons are sitting in two parallel rows containing 6 persons each, in such a way that there is an equal distance between any 2 adjacent persons. In a row 1- A, B, C, D, E and F are seated (but need not to be in the same order) and all of them are facing south. In row 2- P, Q, R, S, T, and U are seated (but need not to be in the same order) and all of them are facing the north. Therefore, in the seating arrangement, each person sitting in a row faces another person of the other row. Person S sits to the right of Person U. S does not sit at any extreme end. Two persons sit between Person P and Person Q. T sits third to the left of U. Person R is not an immediate neighbor of Person U. Person P is not facing Person B. Person F sits third to the right of Person D. Person C does not sit at any extreme end. One person sits between Person B and Person D. Person D sits second to the left of Person C. Person C is not an immediate neighbor of Person B and Person A.
67. Who among the following sitting at the extreme ends of any row?
68. What is the position of S concerning R?
a) Third to the right
b) Second to the right
c) Third to the left
d) Second to the left
e) Fourth to the right
69. 4 of the following 5 are alike in a certain way based on their sitting arrangement and hence form one group. Which is the one pair that does not belong to the group?
70. What is the position of A concerning E?
a) Second to the right
b) Second to the left
c) Third to the left
d) Third to the right
e) Immediate left
71. If all the six persons of row 1- (A,B, C, D, E and F) are asked to sit in alphabetical order from left to right, the positions of how many persons will remain unchanged when compared to their original sitting position?
e) More than three
Eight persons – E, F, G, H, I, J, K and L- are standing in a straight line, but not essentially in the same order. Some of them are facing towards the north while others are facing towards the south. K is standing third to left of J. J is at one of the extreme ends of the line. E is not an immediate neighbor of J. Neither I nor L is at the extreme end of the line. Person L is not an immediate neighbor of Person K. There is only one person between K and E. I is standing second to the left of L. F is to immediate right of H. G is standing second to the right of E. The immediate neighbors of K face the opposite direction to that of K. The immediate neighbor of J faces the opposite direction. Both G and H face the same direction as that of E. E is to the immediate left of I who faces south.
72. The immediate neighbors of L are:
a) E and I
b) E and G
c) G and H
d) F and G
e) E and F
73. How many persons are standing exactly between H and G?
74. Who among the following person is to the immediate right of J?
a) There is no person
75. Who among the following is fourth to the right of Person H?
76. 4 of the following 5 are alike in a certain way based on the above arrangement and hence they form a group. Which is the one Person that does not belong to that group?
77. Who among the following person is third to the right of Person K?