Linear Arrangement 8 | Hamaraguru
Eight persons- J, K, L, M, W, X, Y and Z- are standing in a straight line, but need not be in the same order. Some of them are facing towards the north while some others are facing towards the south. Person J is standing at the fourth position to the right of Person X. Person X is standing at one end of the extreme ends of the line. Both the immediate neighbors of Person J face north. M is standing at the third position to the right of J. M is facing the same direction as that of J. There is only one person between M and L. L is standing at the 3rd position to the right of Y. Z is standing to the immediate left of L. K is not facing north. Z is facing the same direction as that of W. K is not standing at any of the extreme ends of the line.
78. Who among the following are facing south?
a) M, J, Y
b) J, K, M, X
c) J, K, M, X, Y
d) J, M, X, Y
e) K, M, X, Y
79. How many persons(in number) are standing exactly between Person Y and Person Z?
e) None of these
80. Who among the following person is to the immediate left of Person W?
e) None of these
81. 4 of the following 5 are alike in a certain way based on the above arrangement and hence form a group. Which is the one person that does not belong to the group?
82. Who among the following person is standing at one of the ends excluding X?
Seven people – P,Q, R, S, T, U and V – are sitting in one straight line with same distance between each other, but need not to be in the same order. Some of them are facing towards the north and some are facing towards the south. Only two people are sitting to left of V. only two people sitting between V and Q. P sits second to left of Q. The immediate neighbours of P face opposite directions (i.e. if one of the neighbours faces south then the other faces north and vice-versa). Only one person sits between Person P and Person R. U sits third to left of R. Person S is not an immediate neighbor of Person Q. Both the immediate neighbours of R face the same direction ( i.e. if one neighbour faces south then the other neighbor also faces south and vice-versa). Person P faces the same direction as that of Person R. T faces north. Q sits to the immediate left of T.
83. Who amongst the following sits exactly between V and the one who is sitting to the immediate left of Q?
c) Other than those given as options
84. Who amongst the following person sits exactly in the middle of the line?
85. Which of the following statements is TRUE as per the given information?
a) S faces South
b) V sits third to the left of Q
c) None of the given options is true
d) S sits exactly between R and P
e) U sits to the immediate right of P
86. Which of the following given pairs represent the people sitting at the two extreme ends of the line?
b) None of these
87. Who amongst the following person sits second to the right of S?
d) Other than those given as options
88. Which of the following given pairs represent the immediate neighbors of Q?