Ranking & Comparison 1 | Hamaraguru
1. In a class of 42 students, Divya’s rank is 16th from the bottom. What is her rank from the top?
2. Anu and Vijaya are ranked seventh and eleventh, respectively from the top in a class of 31 students. What will be their respective ranks from the bottom in the class?
a) 20th & 24th
b) 24th & 20th
c) 25th & 21st
d) None of these
3. In a class, boys stand in a single row. One of the boys is nineteenth in order from both the ends. How many boys are there in the row?
4. Sohan ranks seventh from the top and twenty-sixth from the bottom in a Section A. How many students are there in Section A?
5. Mahita is the 11th from either end of the row of girls. How many girls are there in that given row?
6. In a class of 42 children, Philip's rank is sixteenth from the top. Kevin is seven ranks below Philip. What is Kevin's rank from the bottom?
7. In a row of forty boys facing North, R is twelfth from the left end, and T is eighteenth from the right end. How many boys are between R and T in the row?
d)Cannot be determined
e)None of these
8. In a row of boys, Sujan is 10th from the right, and Suraj is 10th from the left. When Sujan and Suraj interchange their positions, Suraj will be 29th from left. Which of the following will be Sujan’s position from the right?
9. There are 25 girls in a horizontal row. Geeta was shifted by three places towards her right side, and she occupies the middle position in the row. What was her original position from the left end of the row?
e)None of these
10. In a row of girls, Veena is 12th from the start and 19th from the end. In another row of girls, Sunita is 14th from the start and 20th from the end. How many girls are there in both the rows together?